Business area Medtech
Medtech offers products and services in the field of medical technology, as well as assistive equipment for use in homecare.
The subsidiaries in the Medtech business area actively maintain a local presence and awareness with customers and suppliers. The companies in the business area offer their own products, a broad selection of products from other suppliers, and services such as training, support and technical service. The product line ranges from simple consumables to advanced instruments for surgical procedures, as well as welfare technology and assistive technology for the elderly and disabled. The product range requires a solid foundation of medical knowledge to guide the customers.
Responsibility for sustainable solutions
- Sylvia Stafford, Technical Service Director at HC21 Group
Recycling equipment, such as beds, hoists and wheelchairs, is vital to reduce the environmental impact of medical products. Within the Service and Decontamination department at HC21, we provide complete asset management from point of purchase to end of life, including material recycling.
"We are extremely proud of our service and we know the quality of the refurbishment would be good enough for our mothers. I am honoured to help improve people's lives in a sustainable manner."
- Employees with extensive medical experience, local knowledge and a high level of service, as well as product developers in welfare technology
- Broad range of products, both developed inhouse and products from other manufacturers
- Flexibility regarding customised solutions, as well as cutting edge expertise in public procurement procedures
- European distribution and service network for the group’s own products and services, as well as the products and services of other suppliers
Strengthened presence within advanced surgery
- Martin Almgren, Business Area Manager Medtech
The acquisition of MBA Incorporado strengthens our presence in southern Europe within advanced surgery. The acquisition adds new markets in a niche where we already have competence and presence.
Medtech 2021 in figures
Net sales: 3,625 SEKm
EBITA: 310 SEKm
Share of net sales: 45%
Net sales by market Medtech 2021
News from AddLife’s Medtech subsidiaries
Svan Care supplies complete bathroom fittings for a high level of accessibility adaptation to SilviaBo.
The demand for bandages in materials other than cotton has increased. We have discovered that bamboo fibre is the perfect bandage, both for you and our planet.
In 2022, we have forged a strong partnership with Rebel Wheelers, a Cork based Sports Organisation for people with disability. Rebel Wheelers are proud to have both adult and children basketball, rugby and athletics teams; and their mission is to empower people with disability to be the best that they can be.
Activity requires opportunities for communication and the ability to move with or without aids or assistance.